Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Inspiration

So, where do you get your inspiration? I find it in a lot of places, some obvious, some obscure. I love to take trips to different areas, because it gives me new ideas for food. Recently, I went to Las Vegas. When it comes to food, I've been known to bend my rules and try just about anything for inspiration.


On my recent trip, I went to various restaurants and establishments to try what they had to offer. Some were amazing, and some were.... less so. In the Coke building, I had a beverage called "Beverly" (the clear glass on the left). Need I say, it was quite.... non-appealing. Considered an aperitif in Italiy (a digestion aid) it wasn't pleasing to the palate. Bitter, carbonated, and overall it made my stomach twinge. Others, more ispirational, like the mint bevvy on the right (it tasted like a cola while brushing my teeth, but in a good way).

Saint Delicious, I dubb thee!

Others were quite amazing. Vegas being a cultural mecca brings the best of the best of each nation to the strip, a focal point if you will: only the best arrive. If you're wondering what that is to the direct left of the straw, yes, that's a Twinkie. This was a Twinkie shake, and while absolutely absurd in calories, it was absolutely delicious to eat. Hey, I was on vacation, the waitress was lauding the shake, and I was intrigued. Let me say, it was so tasty, I was glad I didn't know the nutritional information.




Yes, this is a Kobe beef burger, with Blue Cheese and sauteed Oyster Mushrooms. Oh and the Fries were great!


While the trip was relaxing, I mostly enjoyed the various foods to be had. It opens ones eyes to new ideas and recipes to experiment with. Try a new food if you can! You never know what you might find to inspire you!

No comments:

Post a Comment